Skip to main content

Magicals Excerpt

This blog post is because Erika (my bestie) thought of a great idea. Why not give you readers some excerpts. So, since Magicals is the only one currently published I'm giving you guys an excerpt from it for those of you haven't had a chance to read it or are debating about buying it. Maybe, this will help you guys decide. This is a scene who some of the readers have really enjoyed. It's a little funny and it consists of a conversation between Arabella, Erika and Riley on Arabella's first day of school back in Daphne.

Magicals Excerpt:


Once we reach the cafeteria he asks what I'll have and I give the easiest answer I can think of. A salad and then he points me in the direction of Erika. Erika is giving me this look that reads "two guys in one day" and I can't help but laugh. Pulling out a chair I greet her "Hey there".
"Hey back at ya" she says with a grin.
Shaking my head "You can lose that grin now".
"What grin?" she says with mock innocence.
"You know what grin" I said giving her a pointed look.
"Ok yes, I do know what grin, but can you blame me? First all the Garrett stuff in class and now you show up to lunch with Christian Bedford's arm draped around your waist while he carries your books. Not to mention he's getting your lunch too!"
"He was just being a nice guy. He saw Garrett, Lydia and I out in the hallway and I wasn't feeling well so he offered to bring me here so Garrett and Lydia could talk. No big deal." I shrug.
"No big deal? No big deal? Two of the hottest guys in school are interested in you and it's no big deal. I don't know who you dated in Paris to make this no big deal but hunny in Daphne this is huge news." she replied.
Before I could reply Riley Winters appears at our table with some dramatic flair. "Hello darlings! Big news! Big, big news!" He says.
I remember Riley from elementary school. Even back then he knew he was gay and I never cared. Of course Lydia did but what could you expect from her. He hadn't changed much since I left same red hair, pale skin, freckles, hazel eyes and big white smile. His attire however, was something to talk about. He wore dark wash denim jeans, black dress shoes, pink button up shirt with a black vest over it and a black and pink polka dot bow tie. I couldn't imagine him ever living in Daphne but here he was and I loved it.
"Before you start with the big, big news. Riley this Arabella and Arabella this is my cousin Riley." Erika said pointing between us.
"Well looky here!" Riley said clasping his hands together and resting his chin on them. "I'm guessing your return is the reason for the big news! Oh, and by the way you've got to be like the Kim Kardashian of Daphne now"
"Why am I Kim Kardashian?" I asked.
"Because you've officially become the "hottest girl" while making Lydia Cox the new Lindsay Lohan" Riley replied.
Erika laughed which made me laugh. "Really Riley? Kim Kardashian and Lindsay Lohan? What are we the new Laguna Beach?" 
"I wish, darling" he replies "Anyways back to my big big news!" 
"Right" I said.
"Garrett just dumped Lydia!" He squealed and clapped a little clap. While Erika choked on her water for a minute and I was too stunned for words. 
"Wait, so what does that have to do with me?" I asked Riley.
"Well, it wasn't until you returned that they broke up. Ever since you left and they got together he's let her tell him exactly what to do. Then you show back up and within hours he dumps her! BAM! Answer for the change is you miss denial" He says pointing at me. "Speaking of the red devil herself"
"Red devil?" I asked them.
"Lydia. It's what Riley refers to her as" Erika replied.

Laughing I say "That's good. I usually call her the spawn of Satan". That got me a good laugh and by the time we got our laughing fits over Christian was at my side with our lunches. Sebastian was right behind Christian as he sat next to Erika. While Erika and Riley got busy with a conversation about yearbook and the boys got tied up with football, I got lost in thoughts of Garrett and this big, big news. It had to be some kind of coincidence that he broke up with Lydia the same day I returned. 



Hopefully you've enjoyed that little snippet. Since Capture book 2 in the Magicals Trilogy is in the editing stage I'm going to start posting excerpts from the book, introducing you guys to the new faces and post a playlist for the book in the upcoming weeks. Check back Friday for an excerpt from Capture.

Until next time....  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the characters of Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn

As I finish up the edits on Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn I thought you might enjoy seeing the pictures that inspired the characters. Enjoy! Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn follows the story of Jagger James and Londynn Parrish. Jagger is one of five brothers that have a need for speed. They are all named after 80s music stars, they all race as if their lives depend on it and their all a little bad ass. They grew up on the poorer side of town but it only made them fight harder at the races every weekend.  Jagger met a girl named Harlyn Bexton as a teenager and quickly fell in love. After high school they started a life together only to have tragedy strike. Staying in L.A. is out of the question for Jagger afterwards so he runs to Vegas only to return five years later. Londynn Parrish is your typical trust fund baby. Born and raised in one of the richest parts of L.A., attended a private academy and was given anything money could buy. However, what she wants isn

New Release: Breaking Bloody Mary by Stephanie Nichole

Happy Halloween! I’ve got the perfect Halloween release for you! Breaking Bloody Mary is now live on amazon and it’s free on KU! We’ve all heard about the legend of Bloody Mary but what if the legend wasn’t just a legend? What if Bloody Mary was real? What if she broke free from the mirror that bound her? Olivette and Penn grew up with a love for urban legends. Monthly trips to Conjurer’s Apothecary with the creepy shop owner, Oski, helped their thirst for the supernatural. Olivette and Penn were best friends and while Olivette believed in the magic behind the legends, Penn tried to explain them. Then one day Olivette makes a decision that will change everything. She changes herself to please her mother, leaving Penn and her love for urban legends behind until Bloody Mary is summoned and she manages to break free from the mirror that binds her. The only person Olivette can turn to is Penn and Oski. It soon becomes a clear that Olivette has secrets of her own and

Book Swag

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. I got my place decorated for Halloween, finished watching the 13 seasons of Supernatural on Netflix (Wow!) and started watching Riverdale. I got some writing done was well which is always great! Also the coolest thing ever was created! Kingston has an awesome store called Readers Envy and my current WIP, Red, has merchandise! A coffee mug, t-shirt and tote bag so far! It's so awesome! Check them out below! Coffee mug-- https://teespring.com/red-october-2018?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=658&cid=102908&sid=front T-shirt-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=370&cid=6531&sid=front Tote bag-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=526&cid=101936&sid=front