Skip to main content

Becoming Bloody Mary excerpt

Well, the time has come to give you guys a excerpt for the upcoming novella of Becoming Bloody Mary. If you read my previous blog then you know it is for a writing competition. The book will soon be published and I get extra votes for every copy sold. So if you continue to read below here is sneak peek of Becoming Bloody Mary.




Mary grew tired and restless so she carefully climbed out of the carriage to stretch her stiff legs. One of the drunken men she noticed early approached her. She took a step back only to get caught on one of her skirts but before she fell a hand grabbed her. “Shoo! You get away from her!” Came an elderly woman’s voice behind her while using a hand to push him away. Once Mary was on her feet again the hand turned Mary to face her. She came face to face with a short, elderly lady that had more wrinkles than any other lady she had ever seen before. Her dark eyes held a mystery and her long silver hair danced in the wind. The silver glistened in the moonlight and only made the black of her dress seem darker. It all gave the lady a mysterious feel. “Are you okay dear?”

            “Yes ma’am I believe so. Thank you for your help.” Mary told the lady.
            The elderly lady shook her head. “This is no place for a young lady such as you to be at this hour.”

            “I know. I’m afraid that my carriage ran into some trouble and I’m stranded until my driver returns with help.”

            The elderly lady patted Mary’s back. “Well, my shop is right here on this corner, why don’t you come inside and have a cup of tea?” The elderly lady sensed Mary’s hesitation. “You’ll be able to see your carriage from the window as well as when your driver returns.”

            “Okay, a glass of tea does sound nice.” Mary said giving the elderly lady a small, friendly smile.  She led Mary up to her shops door that was when Mary noticed that the shop was no ordinary shop but a shop of magic. She had heard people whispering about places like this. Places that sold potions, spices and herbs to innocent people with hopes of getting what they desired, only they were really making a deal with the devil. Mary swallowed as she thought about the elderly lady behind her being a witch of some sort. “You know maybe I should just wait inside the carriage. I would hate for Mr. Perry to arrive back and not find me there.”

            The elderly woman studied Mary for a moment. “Ahh…you fear the store and now myself. If you feel safer waiting on the street then you may do so but there is nothing to fear in here or me. It’s all just make believe. It’s just a way to make money.” She stepped around Mary and headed inside. Mary stood in indecision for a moment before she heard the drunken men hollering at the women on the corner. Instantly, her hand was on the door, pulling it open she went inside after the woman.

            “I’m sorry. It was wrong of me to pass judgement. I know how untrue whispered things can be. I’d much rather wait in here with you than out there with them, if the offer still stands.” Mary said glancing back at the door.

            The elderly woman passed by Mary and locked the door leading into the shop. “Tea?” she asked as she passed again. Mary nodded her head in agreement. The elderly lady disappeared behind a curtain covering a doorway. Mary stood in the deserted shop and looked around. She couldn’t see much by just the candle light but she noticed the miss matched chairs and rugs the filled the room as well as walls of shelves that were home to books, jars of spices, herbs and liquids. The windows and doorways were all covered with different types of curtains. As a child Mary had heard stories about gypsies and this was definitely a place she could picture one of them in. The elderly woman reappeared holding two cups of steaming tea. “Here, dear. Have a seat.”

 “Thank you ma’am. I’m Marina Meyers but everyone calls me Mary.”

            The lady nodded her head before responding. “I know dear. I knew who you were when I saved you. I’m Cordelia, just Cordelia.”

            Mary tried to keep the skeptical look off her face. “You knew who I was?”

            “Well of course dear. This town isn’t that big and your story is very similar to my own.” Cordelia told Mary while taking a sip of tea.

            “What do you mean?”

            “My sister was always the center of attention much like yours. It was never an issue for me until she stole the only thing I ever wanted.” Cordelia let out a ragged sigh. “My sister could have had any man she wanted yet she took the only one who had ever shown any interest in me, the only one I wanted. The only one I loved.”

            “Oh I’m so sorry to hear that but my sister would never take Henry.” Mary assured Cordelia.

            Cordelia studied Mary for a few silent moments. “Well, I do suppose you know her better than I but just remember if your fate takes a turn in my direction I’m always here for you my dear.”

            Mary noticed the way her eyes seemed to almost glow as she spoke. It was such a horrible thing that Cordelia’s sister had done to her but she knew without a doubt that Elizabeth would never do such a thing. Elizabeth and Henry were all she had in this world, whatever kindness she had experienced in her lifetime had come from them. Mary noticed that Mr. Perry had returned. “Oh! My driver has returned. Thank you so much for the tea and company Cordelia. I should return to my trip now. I do hope that we see each other again sometime.”


            “Me too my dear.” Cordelia mumbled as Mary left out of the shop.




I hope you enjoyed the excerpt, until next time...❤❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the characters of Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn

As I finish up the edits on Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn I thought you might enjoy seeing the pictures that inspired the characters. Enjoy! Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn follows the story of Jagger James and Londynn Parrish. Jagger is one of five brothers that have a need for speed. They are all named after 80s music stars, they all race as if their lives depend on it and their all a little bad ass. They grew up on the poorer side of town but it only made them fight harder at the races every weekend.  Jagger met a girl named Harlyn Bexton as a teenager and quickly fell in love. After high school they started a life together only to have tragedy strike. Staying in L.A. is out of the question for Jagger afterwards so he runs to Vegas only to return five years later. Londynn Parrish is your typical trust fund baby. Born and raised in one of the richest parts of L.A., attended a private academy and was given anything money could buy. However, what she wants isn

New Release: Breaking Bloody Mary by Stephanie Nichole

Happy Halloween! I’ve got the perfect Halloween release for you! Breaking Bloody Mary is now live on amazon and it’s free on KU! We’ve all heard about the legend of Bloody Mary but what if the legend wasn’t just a legend? What if Bloody Mary was real? What if she broke free from the mirror that bound her? Olivette and Penn grew up with a love for urban legends. Monthly trips to Conjurer’s Apothecary with the creepy shop owner, Oski, helped their thirst for the supernatural. Olivette and Penn were best friends and while Olivette believed in the magic behind the legends, Penn tried to explain them. Then one day Olivette makes a decision that will change everything. She changes herself to please her mother, leaving Penn and her love for urban legends behind until Bloody Mary is summoned and she manages to break free from the mirror that binds her. The only person Olivette can turn to is Penn and Oski. It soon becomes a clear that Olivette has secrets of her own and

Book Swag

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. I got my place decorated for Halloween, finished watching the 13 seasons of Supernatural on Netflix (Wow!) and started watching Riverdale. I got some writing done was well which is always great! Also the coolest thing ever was created! Kingston has an awesome store called Readers Envy and my current WIP, Red, has merchandise! A coffee mug, t-shirt and tote bag so far! It's so awesome! Check them out below! Coffee mug-- https://teespring.com/red-october-2018?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=658&cid=102908&sid=front T-shirt-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=370&cid=6531&sid=front Tote bag-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=526&cid=101936&sid=front