Skip to main content

Exciting news!

First of all I'm happy to announce that the Kindle version of Magicals will be on sale for just .99 cents starting the 14th through the 17th. Click the link below to grab your copy now!

https://www.amazon.com/Magicals-Book-1-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B01N165R0Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492099387&sr=8-2&keywords=stephanie+doyal


The next bit of exciting news I have is that I was offered a spot in short story telling competition. However, that did mean that I had to postpone starting the conclusion to the Magicals trilogy due to the deadline for the competition but on the bright side the story I write for the competition will be published and available soon!

For many years something about the legend of Bloody Mary has peeked my curiosity. I remember hearing the legend as an 8 year old kid. My friends wanted to go into the school bathroom and try to summon her. I, of course, ran out before they started because it terrified me. I couldn't understand why you wanted to summon a bloody lady that could possibly kill you or drive you insane. That was the version of the story I had been told. As I got older and my imagination grew and my love for writing did too. I became more curious about how the legend had become a legend. Surely Bloody Mary was just Mary before and from there my mind created a back story of how the legend came to be. 

Have you ever wondered where the legend of Bloody Mary originated? Well step into this Victorian tale of love lost, betrayal and tragedy with just enough magic to create the legend that has been passed down from generation to generation, all around the world and in many different ways.  I'm going to give you a sneak peek of the cover for the upcoming short story "Becoming Bloody Mary."


This is something pretty different from what I normally write but it's definitely exciting! 

Another side note is that Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn is just about ready for publication too so in the upcoming weeks you will get the character inspiration photos, an excerpt and the playlist. You'll also receive the same for Becoming Bloody Mary.

Lastly I recently read an AMAZING book that I think everyone needs to check out. All the Forever Things by Jolene Perry. 

https://www.amazon.com/All-Forever-Things-Jolene-Perry-ebook/dp/B06XSCB3GN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492100781&sr=8-1&keywords=all+the+forever+things

Jolene Perry has to be one of the most underrated authors of our time. The worlds and characters she creates are timeless and the books are impossible to put down.  My review for the book is below but I highly recommend this book!

My review:

Jolene Perry has yet to let me down with her writing and this is no different. However, I will go out on a limb and say that this is one of my FAVORITE books by her that I've read so far. This book is full of humor, sadness and characters that you can relate to. It really makes you look at losing a loved one so differently. Gabe works and lives in a funeral home that her parents run so she sees death all the time. It doesn't hold the sadness that it does for most. She has sort of become immune to it which is understandable it isn't until she meets a young man named Hartman who just lost his father that she starts to see things differently. Yes death is inevitable but just because someone dies doesn't mean they are gone forever because they will forever be a part of you meaning they are a forever thing. It was such a great thought that made me truly think. I lost my best friend when I was sixteen and I loved the idea that she will be a forever thing.

Gabe--she is a teenage girl that has a love for all things vintage. She now dresses similar to Wednesday Adams because of a kid teasing her during Jr. high about it since she lived in a funeral home. She has one friend named Bree and they bond over their love for vintage clothing. Gabe is so awesome, she is literally one of my favorite main character in a book now. She was immune to the idea of death but it did effect her more than she believed. She avoided having too many people in her life because she really feared losing them. In the end though she learned that she couldn't hide from everyone.

Hartman-- he is the teenage boy that comes into Gabe's life unexpectedly and makes her realize that she can't hide from everyone to avoid losing people. He has just moved to same town after losing his father suddenly. He also has a flare of vintage and when Bree starts to pull away from Gabe he because her only friend. Of course friendship can always lead to more.

Bree--is Gabe's one and only best friend. They bond over their love for vintage clothing but soon she finds herself drawn to the high school jock Bryce, the boy who made Gabe's life miserable for a portion of her life. He was the one that started the nickname for Gabe. The deeper she gets in with Bryce the more she pulls away from Gabe. Her family life leads her to make some questionable decisions.

By the end of the book a tragedy has hit making them all look at things differently and bringing Gabe and Bree back together. It was a book that I couldn't put down and it was just amazing. If you haven't read a book by Jolene Perry before due yourself a favor and start now!

Okay...until next time ❤❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the characters of Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn

As I finish up the edits on Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn I thought you might enjoy seeing the pictures that inspired the characters. Enjoy! Pedal to the Metal: Jagger & Londynn follows the story of Jagger James and Londynn Parrish. Jagger is one of five brothers that have a need for speed. They are all named after 80s music stars, they all race as if their lives depend on it and their all a little bad ass. They grew up on the poorer side of town but it only made them fight harder at the races every weekend.  Jagger met a girl named Harlyn Bexton as a teenager and quickly fell in love. After high school they started a life together only to have tragedy strike. Staying in L.A. is out of the question for Jagger afterwards so he runs to Vegas only to return five years later. Londynn Parrish is your typical trust fund baby. Born and raised in one of the richest parts of L.A., attended a private academy and was given anything money could buy. However, what she wants isn

New Release: Breaking Bloody Mary by Stephanie Nichole

Happy Halloween! I’ve got the perfect Halloween release for you! Breaking Bloody Mary is now live on amazon and it’s free on KU! We’ve all heard about the legend of Bloody Mary but what if the legend wasn’t just a legend? What if Bloody Mary was real? What if she broke free from the mirror that bound her? Olivette and Penn grew up with a love for urban legends. Monthly trips to Conjurer’s Apothecary with the creepy shop owner, Oski, helped their thirst for the supernatural. Olivette and Penn were best friends and while Olivette believed in the magic behind the legends, Penn tried to explain them. Then one day Olivette makes a decision that will change everything. She changes herself to please her mother, leaving Penn and her love for urban legends behind until Bloody Mary is summoned and she manages to break free from the mirror that binds her. The only person Olivette can turn to is Penn and Oski. It soon becomes a clear that Olivette has secrets of her own and

Book Swag

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. I got my place decorated for Halloween, finished watching the 13 seasons of Supernatural on Netflix (Wow!) and started watching Riverdale. I got some writing done was well which is always great! Also the coolest thing ever was created! Kingston has an awesome store called Readers Envy and my current WIP, Red, has merchandise! A coffee mug, t-shirt and tote bag so far! It's so awesome! Check them out below! Coffee mug-- https://teespring.com/red-october-2018?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=658&cid=102908&sid=front T-shirt-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=370&cid=6531&sid=front Tote bag-- https://teespring.com/red-9192?page=3&tsmac=store&tsmic=readers-envy-author-events#pid=526&cid=101936&sid=front